TextGuard’s flagship TextGuard™ service provides a complete solution for the monitoring, capture and archiving of SMS messages, Blackberry Messenger and Blackberry PIN-to-PIN messages sent from company mobile devices. All text messages are identified, collected, and archived in a format that is easily accessible, allowing companies to establish meaningful internal compliance policies regarding mobile devices and to meet compliance mandates from all relevant regulatory bodies. TextGuard presently supports Blackberry®, Windows Mobile® and Android® operating systems.
TextGuard™ features include:
- Comprehensive capture & archiving of SMS, PIN to PIN and BBM messages
- Search and retrieval
- Policy management
- Intelligent Storage Manager
- Easy to use Roles-based Web user interface
- Reporting & Statistics
- Offered as a SaaS solution
TextGuard has robust monitoring, archiving and search capabilities. First and foremost, enterprises can set their own automatic flagging of messages for compliance and supervisory review based upon message content, recipients, and/or senders. The solution also provides other web-based configurable policy enforcement workflow tools for reviewing and annotating conversations. Our advanced search capabilities allows for quick and efficient retrieval of messages.
With the TextGuard mobile compliance administration console, managers of enterprise IT departments have immediate web-based administrative console for the end users of mobile devices which provides a single point of reporting for each mobile device. This console provides real-time usage reports and data visualization charts. In addition, TextGuard supports ad hoc reporting delivered on demand, or scheduled to email, ftp, or file shares.
- Message Capture and Instant Archival – All mobile messaging on company-issued or reimbursed Smartphones (Blackberry, Windows Mobile and Android), Blackberry PIN-to-PIN, and Blackberry Messenger messages are archived in an unwriteable, unerasable format, ensuring that no message tampering is possible; provides access to file backup features (calendar, contacts, etc.) to ensure data retrieval should a mobile device become inactive, lost or stolen.
- Message Encryption – Offers the highest available security level to eliminate the possibility of a security breach and is in line with all electronic messaging compliance regulations.
- Message Thread Rebuild – Allows users to recreate conversations threads between users in chronological order (time and date stamped).
- Search – Advanced search capabilities (keyword, phrase, date, internal/external, flagged, open, closed, reviewed, etc…)allows for quick and efficient retrieval of messages.Immediately creates audit log files and records all search/query activity by the administrator.Results can be exported to multiple file types immediately or schedules.Filter records on many levels: internal, external, keyword, flagged, open, closed, etc…
- Monitor & Alert Functions – Flag specific keywords or phrases in order to closely monitor high-risk employees, establish ethical walls between departments. Alert to changes to a mobile device’s date & time settings to notify of inaccuracies of date/time stamp on archived messages.
- Audit Logs– All archive access is logged to guarantee integrity of data and to meet e-discovery legal requirements; in the event of an audit or legal discovery, the discovery manager logs any access and all records discovered. The discovery manager can give you:
- An audit trail of any actions taken during an investigation.
- Free text search for easier record retrieval.
- Ability to save records in regards to an investigation.
- Stop record deletion when records were accessedduring an investigation.
- Mobile Communication Compliance– All mobile messaging done by your employees is 100% secure and guaranteed to be in compliance with SEC rules & regulations , FINRA rules & regulations, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (for eDiscovery), Sarbanes-Oxley Act, HIPAA, NI 31-103 (Canada), FSA rules & regulations (UK), and MiFID (EC).
- Comprehensive Reporting – Creates automatic reports to detail any flagged messages, unmapped devices or user history as defined by the company policy; IT administrators can also customize their own reports — Reporting is configurable and parameters fully customizable.
- Message storage – Message archiving can be stored onsite or offsite, with ability to create mirrored storage and web access for authorized personnel.
- System administration – System is actively monitored from archival level down to individual user. Access to log files on all levels of the system for authorized users.
For more information on the TextGuard™ message capture and archiving solution,
Click here to download our Product Brochure.
TextGuard Client Edition
The standard TextGuard Client Edition service begins with the download of a lightweight, client software application to the mobile device. Once the software is installed, it automatically registers the device on the TextGuard engine server. When a message is sent from (or received by) the device, the client makes a copy of the message and delivers the message to the TextGuard archiver where it is encrypted and stored. The software supports all existing text message types and generates audit log files automatically.
In the client solution, either the IT department can manage the installation process on the device, or the client application can be pushed to employees with an embedded URL which employees click on to download the application. In this scenario, IT administrators are notified as to which employees have completed the download and which have not. IT administrators are also notified in the event that employees attempt to remove the application from their device.
TextGuard Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) Edition
Enterprises that primarily use the Blackberry device for their employee’s mobile communications and have or control a Blackberry enterprise server can take advantage of theTextGuard Blackberry Enterprise Server edition. In this solution, the TextGuard application is installed only once; directly on the enterprise’s Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES). All messages are then captured from that point and sent to TextGuard message archiver for archiving.
The TextGuard BES Edition allows for easier provisioning of users since no software has to be installed on the device. In addition, the BES edition is more “tamper-resistant” since only IT professionals have access to the BES.
Advantages of TextGuard BES Edition:
- Built specifically for the RIM Blackberry Enterprise Server and the users of Blackberry smartphones.
- No software to install on the device.
- Ease of installation and configuration.
TextGuard is provided on a software as-a-service (SaaS) basis, meaning that mission-critical data is hosted in TextGuard’s state-of-the-art data centers thus allowing enterprises to avoid large capital expenditures for infrastructure build-out. The outsourced model offers relief from a replacement schedule, staffing expenditures (and man-hours) and additional large capital outlay, and provides peace of mind in knowing that, in the event of a disaster, mission-critical data will be available. Internal IT personnel can refocus on core competencies rather than wasting time and energy on archiving-related issues like storage, software, database management and server maintenance. TextGuard support is available 24×7, 365 days a year, from the same architects of our proprietary software and services.
Integration into Existing Solutions
TextGuard can be implemented within days as a supplement or complement to your existing archiving and compliance solution. With its diverse and growing customer base, TextGuard has integrated with a variety of leading systems. TextGuard also integrates with internal single sign-on capabilities.
For more information on the TextGuardTM message capture and archiving solution,
Click here to download our Product Brochure.